Thursday, May 6, 2010

Flower Beds

It’s that time of year when the flower beds should be cleaned out and prepared for the new spring. Yesterday, we spent time in the yard and for me it was time to weed. There were also new flowers to plant.

While weeding is not my favorite thing to do, I enjoy the clean flower beds and the new plants which come up. Yesterday, I was enjoying the sun and the results of the weeding. In that time, on my knees, dirt under my fingernails, I was thinking of how God clears weeds out of my life. What really was impressed on me was that for God to weed and plant in my life, this means that he is right beside me, kneeled down and working in the soil of my life. What a wonder that the God who created the universe is willing to kneel down next to me, in the dirt and make the flower beds of my life beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. For me weeding is the pleasure, it is a zen thing for me. The joy of weeding out the unwanted so that the cherished can flourish.

    Enjoy your beautiful garden knowing that it has you to thank for all your love and hard work.

    Cousin Rebecca

    ReplyDelete