Friday, April 5, 2013

Worship Comes in Many Sizes, Colors, and Sounds


I’m a musical person, singing for just about any reason and at any time.  This includes grocery stores, gas stations, home, work, or just walking down the sidewalk.  As much as I love music and to worship my God through music, I love how there are beautiful elements of worship all around us.  Like a banner spread across the sky, the scarlet, crimson, blue, and tangerine oranges coloring a sunset paint an extravagant and elegant view of praise.  The way the feathers on an eagle wing bends as it cuts through the air, showing worship in the subtleties of creation, serves as an illustration.  It is the sparrows in the bush outside the kitchen, singing their songs that speak to my heart, I praise with them in their songs.  It is the cardinal in the snow bush, puffing up to hold in warmth and creating such a striking view in the snow.  It is the first greening of the spring moss as the snow crystals start melting.  It is the coo of a dove and the laugh of a baby.  It is the first daffodil of spring, one of a host to bloom.  It is the sound of a family laughing, of work being accomplished, of efforts being made, and hurts being healed.  Worship is all of this and so much more.

These words are written out on a post-it at my desk; not on a fancy plaque or special piece of art, just a little yellow post-it.  “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”  These words in Colossians 3 are my reminder of how worship is not a one size, sound, color sort of act.  It is so much bigger!  These are just a few of things that remind m-e of and help me celebrate Jesus.





No comments:

Post a Comment