Sunday, March 7, 2010

Getting Away

Ever felt the need to get away?  You know, when the cry inside of you reaches out and starts screaming, “Stop the world I want off!”  Things get too much, too hard, too busy.  In other words, you need rest.  Then, following a good night’s sleep, have you ever noticed that it is a little better, a little easier?
Jesus stirred the city, he cleaned out the temple, he healed, he rejoiced in the presence of the children.  Sounds like a full day to me. 
“And he left them and went out of the city to Bethany, where he spent the night,” (Matthew 21:17).
I have four calendars on my desk, three are paper and one is electronic.  Another electronic on my home PC, another paper one at home, and a bound calendar in my purse.  I have been there when my calendar was so jammed full of this, that, and the other that without all of those calendars, there was no way I could remember all of the to-dos to do during the day. All of the things on that calendar were good.  But, at the end of the day, I was exhausted and not being filled with what I needed.  How was it I couldn’t be filled with so many good things going on? I needed to make sure that I included one more thing in my schedule.  I needed to leave and get away, spending time with God.  The quiet time with God recharges me as nothing else does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment