Sunday, May 15, 2011

Re


Refresh, Renew, Relax, Restore… I love that little prefix re.  It makes a big difference in little words.  And, being able to act on those words can make a big difference in my day.  I love winter snow, the crisp cleanness of the air, but the grey skies of spring make me so sleepy.  I think I have yawned for a month straight!  I need sunshine and light and brightness.  Add busy schedules, packed calendars, obligations, plans, goals, and to-dos, and grey skies!  Oh, just let me have some sun shine and a recharge of my internal batteries.  I’m like that you know, I run into walls at times and need recharged.
This last weekend, we had a wonderful visit with Al and Edie Lewis, missionaries with Reach Global and are also friends.  A visit with friends, friends who have a common passion for God’s family and a love for sharing and communicating that to others, with laughter and slobbery dogs and Oreos, that was just what was needed for recharging.  There is just something so wonderful about being with friends.  Even with busy schedules, it can recharge my batteries.  I’m not sure why, except that fellowship is a lovely thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment