Sunday, January 23, 2011

Anticipation

   I have been counting down, three weeks, two weeks, and now I am down to days. Soon, weather permitting, dear friends will be here for a visit. I cannot explain the joy I have at seeing them again, as these are such dear people in my life. I plan for their coming, how can I make it extra special? What can we do to make wonderful memories? And yet I know that the simple time spent together will be the most special of all.

   I think this must just be a taste of what it’s like in heaven. As our Lord prepares a place for us, He is counting down – oh, only two more years, weeks, months, days, hours, minutes, etc… until I can finally hold my friend and sit and talk with them again face to face. How I long for that and want everything to be just perfect for their arrival. The anticipation of a God who loves His children – that is a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment