Friday, January 14, 2011

Heart Headline

   I heard the most interesting news piece on the radio this morning, asking people what the headline of their heart was. We see headlines all over the place: newspapers, blogs, tweets, news sites, magazines, and news broadcasts. Unfortunately, those headlines are often violent, troubled, angry, and divisive. But, the headline of the heart might be something entirely different.

   I look around me and wonder what the headlines of the heart might be for those around me. For me, I was overwhelmed with thankfulness for my family this week. After not feeling well and having my feet knocked out from under me with a recent winter cold, I have seen my family bend over backwards to care for me. Everything from the snow being cleaned off my car to a rich and healthy vegetable soup – my heart was overwhelmed with the love shown. I hope your heart headline is something wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment