Friday, November 20, 2009

The Christmas Trees are Coming Out!!

The Christmas Trees are coming out for the season.  I will have my bag of chocolate and vanilla yogurt covered pretzels ready for snacking, hot chocolate for sipping, and a pine candle burning in the background.  Please note that I did say trees!  I love Christmas decorations.

I think that it is the ornaments that are some of my favorite part of the décor.  I pull one out of a box, wrapped in tissue paper and bubble wrap, wrapped in memories.  I will put it at that one branch, the perfect spot where the lights on the tree will catch the shape perfectly.  Evergreen branches that are shaped into wreathes hold bright colored bows, hanging on doors and posts.  Grocery store fronts where the trees are gathered smells so good!

The fire in the wood burning stove warms the house, and cards start gathering on the shelves.  They sit next to the nativity scenes, little symbolic reminders of the celebration reasons.

It is the beginning of a preparation for a wonderful celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment