Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Perfect Time

“You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly” Romans 5:6.  “Is anything too hard for the LORD? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sarah will have a son.” Genesis 18:14.  “But your hearts must be fully committed to the LORD our God, to live by his decrees and obey his commands, as at this time." 1 Kings 8:61.  “At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.” Luke 21:27.

Over and over, God shows us that his timing is perfect.  I was reading a devotional last night and it was talking about the value of waiting in prayer.  It is so easy to ask God – please do this, please don’t do that.  And these may be perfectly fine requests.  However, the hard part comes in the waiting.  I have asked, asked with the intent to prepare my heart to go to this retreat, the Great Banquet.  My job is to request, to seek, and to wait.  I cannot cleanse myself with hyssop, cannot heal my wounds, cannot fathom the strength and greatness of God.  But, He can and right at his own, perfect time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment