Monday, December 28, 2009

The Great Debate

Every year people seem to have an opinion on the Great Debate.  They argue over it, discuss it, shake their heads, act in agreement, read articles about, and plan for it.  What could this debate be about?  What could possibly evoke such feelings and opinions – politics, religion, family, medicine?
No, it’s when the Christmas decorations should go up and when they should come down.  Every year, I hear comments and tut tuts from people who disapprove of when the stores start putting out their Christmas displays.  After Thanksgiving, before Thanksgiving, the week after that, and for a few grumpy Scrooges – never!  There are just so many opinions and I think it’s rather funny. 
"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach. Oh, tell me I may sponge away the writing on this stone!" (Charles Dickens – A Christmas Carol).
Take down your decorations, put up your decorations – just remember to honor Christmas in your heart.  

No comments:

Post a Comment