Sunday, December 27, 2009

There’s No Such Thing as Too Many Books

I love to read and do wear a sweatshirt from time to time, which proudly proclaims that there is No Such Thing as Too Many Books.  Well, okay maybe there is, in the total extreme.  However,  it would take lots and lots of books to get there.  What is it about these books though?  What can be captured in words that grabs the attention of the reader; inspiring, teaching, comic relief, worlds of words of imagination.
One of the books that grabs my attention the most are those by Tolkien.  I admire his writing, the creative ability that he used to make a world in his mind and heart and come to life for so many.  It is in the winter that I find myself turning back to those familiar pages.  First, there will be Bilbo and his story.  The shiver of the Iowa snow will be replaced with the warmth of the Hobbit gardens.  Then, the Lord of the Rings will follow next.  The stories always catch my attention and every year brings something new to mind. 
I think in the next few days I will start cuddling up with my books, a warm blanket, and let my imagination wander.  

No comments:

Post a Comment