Sunday, December 6, 2009

Royalty & Decoration

Have you ever wondered what it means to be a child of God?  I think of the sovereign God and how we can read the description over and over of how he is the King of Kings. 
This leads me to two different thoughts.  One is how we might treat each other.  Being associated with royalty generally brings about a certain degree of ceremony, pomp, and respect.  The deference which is accorded one who is deemed as royal or a child of a king is different.  There is a great deal of care and attendance which comes those in that position.  In return, there is responsibility of caring for those who the king is ruling.  A good king, a wise king, keeps the needs of the people in his uppermost thought.  Though they may not relish paying taxes (who does) or providing civil services, this is all part of meeting the needs of the people.  If I look at someone and see the face of a child who is related to the Most High King, is the way I treat them going to be different? 
The other thing I think of is the crown which normally goes with being part of a royal family.  We had a jewelry party/brunch (a girls party) yesterday.  While we paused to eat, fellowship, laugh, share, and of course look at the beautiful jewelry, I wondered about the women I was having this time with.  Do they see themselves as the child of the King?  He will adorn them with priceless of jewels of grace, love, peace, hope, and righteousness.   Do they see how truly decorated they are by a God which wants to abundantly provide perfect gifts for His children?  If so, how would their own self perceptions differ?  Would they take time to care for themselves, to fill their time wisely to care for each other, themselves, and meet their family needs?
These questions are a challenge to me, are these ideas that I can grasp in my daily life as well?  

No comments:

Post a Comment