Thursday, April 15, 2010

Barefoot

I know that to some, it’s a bit of a contradiction – I love cute shoes, and I love to be barefoot. So, the morning starts, I get dressed for work and pick the perfect pair of shoes for the day. Black boots, brown boots, light brown suede boots, heels, something strappy, something more casual, something classic, the little black pumps that go with just about everything. But, I come home and the first that goes are the shoes.

What a wonderful feeling, barefoot, especially during spring. I came home from work yesterday, dumped the shoes, and the dogs and I headed out for a walk. Fresh spring grass worked up between my toes. Early enough in spring, that the ground is still cool, my skin felt the warmth on the sun and then the cool of the ground. Deep shadows were highlighted as I felt the earth chill beneath my feet. Mossy growth, new growth acted like cushions between me and the dirt.


I’ll hold onto the shoes, but – can’t wait to be barefoot again.


No comments:

Post a Comment