Monday, April 26, 2010

The Woman with the Scarf

I went to get lunch the other day at a local coffee and sandwich shop. In front of me, in the line, was a rather elegant looking woman with a black suit and a lovely grey scarf. After ordering a tasty chicken salad sandwich and a chilled coffee that was full of lovely tastes and caffeine, I moved along to the check out register. Noticing this woman in front of me, I complimented her on her scarf.

My perception of this woman, well dressed, manicured, confident posture, it appeared she was quite self-assured. Just a simple compliment led her to share a thank you, and how she was just never certain wearing scarves, but that she had a ton of scarves and never wore them. Here this lovely and assured person who was effected by a simple compliment from a stranger.
You never know how a simple compliment can make a difference in someone’s life.


No comments:

Post a Comment