Friday, April 23, 2010

Ear Pops

Recently I had a cold, just the normal sinus pressure, sneezing, and runny nose. My ears also felt so full, everything was in a bit of a tunnel with sound. I said huh and what a lot. Several days later my right ear popped. POP and suddenly it was like the volume level jumped up. Things that I could not hear before, or was unaware of, suddenly came rushing in.

It was really nice being able to hear, but it reminded me of how we can walk around in a fog, and then suddenly it all lifts. We can see and hear clearly for the first time in a while, or perhaps ever. Isn’t it interesting that we can walk around in a fog for so long that we forget what clear looks like. Well, interesting in a sad way. But, then the fog lifts and who knew that there was so much to see!
I have been rejoicing in watching the trees and flowers, the birds and squirrels as they all seem to enjoy the new spring. Sitting under the pine trees and smelling the lilacs, it’s been a great start to spring. For me, sometimes fog especially comes in trying to understand God’s plan and His Word. Puzzling over the same verse over and over, I find that when I quite myself and remember to stop and ask God first for His wisdom, that the fog will lift. Then, when this occurs it’s like the ears pop, the fog lifts, and suddenly everything is so much clearer.


No comments:

Post a Comment