Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father’s Day

Father’s Day is almost here! I thought I’d take just a moment to point out that I have great parents! We have been through multiple moves, ups, downs, field trips, marching band contests, and going in and out of the house with dogs. I have lots of great parent memories.

But, it’s almost Father’s Day and I just wanted to send a special shout out for my dad. He’s always been there for me.
Love you DAD!
A few years ago, I started hearing about a ministry focusing on men – husbands and dads in particular. I was a bit skeptical. Okay, it was more like all the years of women’s lib that has been taught suddenly sprang into play – where is the teaching for the women? I felt like the men were being valued higher. I still would push for a ministry based on women, (after all the older women are to teach the younger), but I have learned from the lives of some friends – that the relationship that a father and husband can have within his family is tremendous. Daughters, well we tend to look for someone like our dads. Dads, that mean you have a role to play in your generation but your children as well. I’m thankful for my dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment