Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Healing

What is healing? How do we who are Christians view healing? Is our view limited and myopic in nature? I have watched family I love dearly walk through difficult health issues. Some I have said a good-bye too, trusting to see them again someday in heaven. Others, honestly I don’t know about. Which on a complete side note relieves me, because I wouldn’t want that job! But, two people recently passed away that were part of my life, one through her quiet presence and the other as the loved one of a new friend.


Two women, two different ages, two different lives, two different stories, two different histories. Both were taken home this week to be with God. They have truly been healed. Yet, I know that my own heart shrinks from that with others – I don’t want them to go. Stay here! Stay, we’re not ready!

The graves sting, the sorrow that makes us sit Shiva of the mind and heart through great loss, is not wholly removed. The sting is still there, though the hopelessness of it is completely removed. Praise God! Those two were healed this week. Completely, totally healed. I think of the weakness, the pain, the agony of the birthing process into heaven. But now, they are healed.

That is a comfort in the face of loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment