Thursday, February 18, 2010

You Get What You Give

I saw a church sign the other day stating in clear white acrylic letters, “You Get What You Give.”  There is some merit to that.  There are quite a few things in life that you get out what you put into them.  Goal completion, mentoring programs, education, friendships, exercise programs; these can all be fairly good examples of the give get exchange.
Yet, when I saw that I sign, I was reminded of what I “Got” and not only didn’t but couldn’t “Give” for.  Coming as a baby, growing up, being praised, being persecuted, tortured and killed – Jesus died for me.  He died for you.  I didn’t give anything for that.  There is nothing I can give for that.  Then, he rose from the grave!  There is certainly nothing I could give for that. 
There are times when I do not get what I give – Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment