Monday, February 15, 2010

Laughter

I had the joy of listening to one of my very favorite little boys in the world laugh and play through the phone last week. He and his mommy were playing at their home, about 8 hours away. Sitting on the exercise bike, she and I chatted while they played.


There was such joy in that laughter. I laughed just for hearing it.

When I’m a bit down, or I start feeling a week’s worth of stresses trying to creep up in one moment, I try to remember that little laugh. Ringing through phone lines, bouncing to his own particular wonderful humor. There is a time to laugh, a time to be merry and joyful. To splash in a puddle or lay in the snow and make angels. To laugh at the dog licking your face or the little boy wearing his tennis shoes and carrying his snow boots. To laugh at the beauty and strangeness of it all. There is a time to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment