Wednesday, February 24, 2010

You Can’t Ever Use Never
“I can’t!”
                “I never can!”
                                “It’s impossible!”
It’s so easy to blow away the possible by tossing out the excuses of impossibility.  It’s not so easy to take on what is deemed as the impossible.  What would my world look like if the can’t, never, and impossible were taken away?  Replaced instead with can, always, and possible; I wonder if it would look drastically different.
The thing is, is that I am at my most capable when I have hit the bottom of the trench first.  It is then, that I lean on a different power source, I lean on God.  Slowly, he picks me up out of the mire and cleans me.  Then, walking on, off the beach – He steps out onto the water and keeps walking.  I stand there on the beach. I’ve been picked up, cleaned up, and now I am standing there – with the God of the impossible and hesitating. 
                “But Lord, if I go out there, I’ll sink! It’s impossible!”
I imagine at that moment, all that really happens is he turns, and stretches out his hand. 
I make a decision – can or can’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment