Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sacrifice of Praise & the Second Hand Smoke of Grumbling

“We bring the sacrifice of praise, unto the House of the Lord”…  Ever heard those words?  Sung those words?  I have. 
Yet, a sacrifice generally means giving something up.  What is it that I am giving up to praise God?  Well, right now it is grumbling.  I wrote earlier about the Israelites grumbling in their tents.  The thing about grumbling, after trying to go a week (unsuccessfully) without grumbling, is that it is rather addictive.  By the end of last week, I felt like someone who was trying to give up smoking by standing with the smokers instead of actually holding the cigarettes.  Stopping short of putting tape over my mouth, it was all I could do some days to not grumble. Sometimes, I probably should have put the tape over my mouth because I grumbled anyway. 
Not something easy to quit doing.  But, I will keep working on it. 
Is there something that you need to sacrifice to praise God?

No comments:

Post a Comment