Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Broken Hallelujah

There is a song I ran across recently, well maybe listened across would be a better description. I saw the title when looking for new songs by a favorite artist of mine, Mandisa. I saw the title, Broken Hallelujah, and had to investigate the words.
“With my love and my sadness Yet I trust in this moment
I come before You Lord You’re with me somehow
My heart’s in a thousand pieces And You’ve always been faithful
Maybe even more So Lord even now

When all that I can sing
Is a broken hallelujah
When my only offering
Is shattered praise
Still a song of adoration
Will rise up from these ruins
I will worship You and give You thanks
Even when my only praise
Is a broken hallelujah

Oh Father, You have given How could I doubt Your goodness
Much more than I deserve Your wisdom, Your grace
And I have felt Your hand of blessing So Lord hear my heart
On me at every turn In this painful place

Chorus

Hallelujah
I lift my voice
Your Spirit moves
I raise my hands
I reach for You

Chorus
I love the words in this song! It is easy to praise when things are going well, when the sun is right and life is good. It is not so easy when days are dark, the rain is pouring down on my head. But, what I love the most about this song is the reminder that the Lord is still good, He is still wise, He is still mercy and grace. My day yesterday was a good one. I accomplished a lot at work, had some nice time with family, spoke to a friend. I spent time with God, I spent time taking care of myself. It was an easy day to praise. Tomorrow may not be so good. It may be a hard day, a day when I just wish I were able to go back to bed and start over. How good it is to know even then that God is still there and still good. And when the ruins are there, stones toppled and dust coating the ground, destruction around. But, God is able to repair and rebuild. And when He does – His architecture is perfect. The design isn’t ours, but His! And therefore, it is completely perfect. So, no matter where the day leads, I choose to let God plan the design and I choose to praise Him regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment