Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sister

It was on a Christmas visit home nearly 17 years ago when I first met someone that would become a friend and then a sister. Sisters don’t always mean that you have the same blood in your veins. Sometimes, it’s sisters of the heart.
I can’t imagine what my life would be like without her. Who else can stay up with me till 2 AM, watching movies, giggling and sipping tea? Who else lets me help tuck her baby boy in and sing harmony to her lullaby? Who else knows what you are saying when you are crying or laughing so hard that you are crying? Who else stays up until 1 AM making the best apple cake you will ever taste? Who else has sweet memories of Fourth of July in Florida, staying up all night talking, or being able to send a one word message and being absolutely clear?
Don't be deceived, my dear brothers. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:16-17”
I have a sister. She is a good part of my life, the friendship is a sweet gift between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment