Monday, January 11, 2010

An Audience of One

I heard an interview the other day on the radio.  A musician was sharing how he really felt impressed to create this album.  However, once he got started worries started to creep in.  He really wanted to write music that would move people, make an impression.  But, what if the words fell short, and how do you meet the needs of each person who might listen to the music?
Overwhelmed and stressed, the musician starting praying to God for clarity.  He was impressed that the only one he needed to write this music to was to God.  The musician shared that at that point he felt so relieved, now he had an audience to focus on.  An audience of one, who already loved him just as he was, no need to impress.
I have been told that I write a lot, but who do I write to?  Well, sometimes it really is to specific people.  Some of my most impassioned writing doesn’t see the light of day because it is just me and my computer.  But, my real audience is an audience of one no matter what I write.  In all things, I seek to glorify God.  Who is your audience?

No comments:

Post a Comment