Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bumper Cars

Bounce, jar, push, shove.  Get out the way!  Life seems like that some times, like right now.  We are approaching some turbulent happenstances in our family, health issues.  Going through this, I feel like I’m in a bumper car, getting bumped one way and then the next.  I heard the news, the words and felt fear slam into me.  Then, dread bounced in, landing on the pit of my stomach.  From behind there came another thud, what if.  Oh, I hate that one especially! 
When the emotions are running a little on the wild side, it is very important to remember that faith decisions are not based upon feelings, but upon a choice.  So, in that bumper car I am comforted to know that I am not alone, God is with me.  He settles the bumper cars and provides peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment