Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sledding Time

This last weekend, the weather was great for sledding.  With temperatures in the forties, the snow that had fallen so beautifully fluffy had melted down a bit and now, the plastic sled would go fast.  With a visiting three year old boy and his mommy, we dressed up for the snow, armed against the cold wet with hats, gloves, scarves, boots, snow suits, mittens, coats, cuddle duds, sweaters, hoodies, and various other winter clothing wardrobe items. 
The pink plastic sled leaning up against the garage had rope strung through the front – for better pulling and sled guiding, was grabbed and a little boy was loaded in.  The sounds going up and down and up and down and up and down those hills was laughter, squeals of delight, and hoorays of successful sledding runs. 
That time was wonderful, time well spent.  There is a time to play, part of that “time to laugh and dance” mentioned in Ecclesiastes 3.  With such busy life styles, taking time to play, enjoy, laugh, and dance can be pushed in the back of my planner.  I can’t say that I have ever written in my planner, from 3-4 I have an appointment for laughter.  Maybe I should, that does sound rather wonderful. 
I was just a little sore the next day from sledding, but my heart and mind were clearer and refreshed with the time of joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment