Friday, August 27, 2010

Flouting Socks

   Why do socks have to match? Okay, I know it’s a conventional rule that if you wear one white sock with a grey heel and toe, that the other sock also has a grey heel and toe. But have you ever considered why? Why can’t I wear one blue sock and one green if they both match my outfit? I mean, it’s not like one is more or less sock than the other.

   There are lots of little rules that we obey because they are the conventions. I’m not so certain that most of them are even written down. But, we are taught them none-the-less. Is there an area of convention you need to flout?

1 comment:

  1. You chose your socks very carefully each morning before walking to Kindergarten in Willard, Ohio. A lot of thought went into the just right shade of blue on one foot, and perhaps a bright pink on the other. Both colors always matched your outfit perfectly! Stylish "flouting" and fun!

    ReplyDelete