Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Gotta’ Get Plugged In

   I use laptops, one at work, and my own at home. For one meeting, I moved all of the required technical components into a conference room, hooked up the network cable, plugged in, and then moved the mouse. Now wait a minute – why isn’t the cursor moving? I moved it, clicked it, moving the little mouse wheel thing, clicking right and left – nothing! All of this took about thirty seconds and then I moved ever so slightly to my right and realized that the mouse wasn’t plugged in. I had to laugh. Of course it can’t work if it’s not plugged in.

   What do I need to plug into? Faith, friends, family, hope, love, laughter, work, and prayer. But, sometimes I get plugged into distractions, moments of discord, stress, and struggles. Then, the proverbial mouse doesn’t work as well in what I want it to do. I have to be “plugged in” to the right things for the motion to work, for action to occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment