Thursday, August 5, 2010

Son-flower Follower

   A few years ago, a local farm planted at least one field in sunflowers. I would occasionally drive past and loved to see the bright yellow petals contrasting with the dark brown centers. They stood so tall and straight in the field and were so beautiful.
   When I would drive past, I would be headed to a different city and would see these flowers at different times of the day. I didn’t even think about it the first time. When I drove to the city, the flowers were all visible from the road. When I drove back, several hours later, the flowers had turned their heads and what I could see then was the green framed with bits of yellow petals. It puzzled me for a moment and then I remembered, sunflowers are so aptly named because the follow the sun.
   I want to be a sunflower kind of Christ follower. I want my movement, my purpose, to follow the son. When I need to move because He has told to move, I want my face turned in the right direction. I will plant my feet, lift my face, and follow the son.

No comments:

Post a Comment