Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cleaning out the Dust Bunnies

   If anyone is looking for a pet dust bunny or perhaps a cute little fluff of fur, I would be happy to work out a deal. Yesterday was the official kick off of deep spring cleaning project. It involved emptying the room of everything (including furniture), and then today will be an afternoon with the vacuum cleaner and carpet cleaner. It was hard work, and the project is not over. But, it feels so good to have a place that will be so clean.

   As I was cleaning, I was thinking about how I need to take stock of the condition of the interior of my heart and soul and mind from time to time as well. Are there cobwebs in the corner or window panes that are dirt covered? Is the dust piling up or perhaps there are those little fur balls in the corner. A spring cleaning of the soul is a perfect time to examine where I am in my life and if it is aligned with what God wants.
   It is such a wonderful feeling to have cleaning done, open the windows and be refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment