Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hold My Paw

About ten years ago, I had a beautiful little chocolate lab puppy come and join my life. I watched her eyes turn from a smoky green to a beautiful golden brown. She grew and has been the closest of my furry companions for years now. In this last big snow, Megan’s ACL tendon went pop and so we found ourselves at the vet yesterday for surgery. Surgery happened, Megan is home recovering.



I know that there are plenty of people out there would not understand, but I just couldn’t breathe easy until I heard that the surgery went okay. Then, when they did call, there was nowhere I wanted to be but at the vets. These wild furry creatures, they share my home, make me laugh, and have such personalities and intelligence it’s astounding. Megan will be taken care of as she heals. I’ll be holding her paw as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment