Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cupboards

   Can’t…. Take….. It…. ANY MORE!!! That was the general thought in my mind when I would look around my bedroom and see the mess. But, then as I would leave the room for the day, I would quite happily let the frustration leave my mind and focus on other things. At the end of the day, there the mess would be again. Books piled in the corner, and that other corner. Dusty mess meets shoes meets a few stray socks. With a knee that has been hurting, laundry started to be draped over a hamper. Little storage available only increased the frustration. There isn’t anywhere to put it – how am I supposed to put it away.

   So, I finally placed an order for furniture with Ikea! It came, and being Ikea – it has to be put together. A couple shelves and a night stand have been put together. I’m so excited to see the parts come together. I will admit, as I’m not quite comfortable with tools, that when I first opened the box and started looking at the parts and the directions, I was overwhelmed. What was I thinking? This was going to be hard!
   But, one step at a time, and thirteen steps later – I have a nightstand, with a door that opens and closes, Correctly! It is so great seeing all of the parts come together and an actual piece of usable furniture come out of the pieces and parts. I can’t wait to see it all come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment