Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Where is the Power in Prayer

    Finishing up the list of why we pray in James 5, this statement follows, “The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” While I would like to think my own prayers are effective and powerful, I know that I don’t have a source of power within me that can actually answer prayer. So, how does that work with this statement? Righteous prayers are those aligned to God’s will. I would imagine that they are honorable and upright before God. Following God’s plan and seeking God’s will – the prayer of a righteous man is something which also aligns with who God is.

   So, align myself with who God is – and pray with faith and excited anticipation to watch God’s answer. There is indeed power in prayer, it is the power of a holy God.

No comments:

Post a Comment