Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stopping to See the Robin

   It’s too early to smell the roses, they haven’t even leafed out yet. But, I did stop to see a robin. The little feathered creature perched on top of a low tree and just watched as I walked by. I was close enough to admire the feathered lines that looked as if they had been painted by a light expert touch. Puffed up, the little bird held to the warm air in its feathers. I wanted to hold it in my hand.

   It’s been a really busy couple of days and it’s so easy to lose sight of the robins, roses, or other moments to relish. Life gets hectic, responsibilities mount, and before I know it – I can lose sight of some of the little joys which make life worth living. As spring approaches, even before the roses are holding a single leaf, stop and see the robins. Notice the little details.

No comments:

Post a Comment