Saturday, December 18, 2010

Impact of Friends

   I’m trying to think about how I can impact the people around me. Today I kept waiting for a way to do that. Though the grand gesture was very appealing, it was a combination of conversation and laughter with friends of dinner. It wasn’t anything in particular, just a listening ear and a caring heart amongst friends that really do listen and care.

   Listening and caring may not seem like an impactful thing, but I believe they can be. We can be so busy and have so many different sounds that our caring and listening gets muddled. It took time for one of our friends to plan this, to help us clear a time and set it aside for this dinner. She made an impact. It took focus to listen to each other, especially in a busy room. It is an impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment