Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Provisional Nudge

   God amazes me. I mean really knocks my socks off amazes me. I think that without even intending to, I shrink God down to the size I can handle, which is pretty small. Then, when He does something to provide I stand back just amazed.

   I was seventeen when I graduated from high school. A typical teenager in many ways, especially as hormones went up and down and so did all the emotions that went with it. I remember walking the halls of my high school feeling so alone, out of place, and not fitting in at all. I buried myself in my books and music, and I knew how to put on a good face. What I didn’t know at seventeen was that some of the people I was meeting then would be the moment of provision fourteen years later!
   Sometimes, you need the right word of encouragement and of wisdom to share. But, it’s like the words that get stuck on the tip of your tongue. You try and try to figure out what the word is, but it remains stubbornly on that tongue tip and refuses to come out. Does it start with a C? Maybe an R? End with ly or ing? The words of wisdom are sometimes like those stuck words, and I wrack my brain trying to come up with the right thing. I feel like some weird vocabulary cheerleader – come on words, you can do it! Rah, rah, sis, boom word! Then, I felt a nudge. Go ask that person you know.
   “Lord, are you sure? I don’t want to be a bother? Will she think I’m nuts?”
   But, let me tell you, I obeyed the nudge and God provided again. I watched the words stuck on my own tongue come flowing from her so beautifully. My heart leaped with joy as I had the opportunity to see God provide again! Seventeen years old, I never would have thought it. But, here we are and I’m thanking him for crossing the paths of us then, and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment