Monday, November 15, 2010

Holiday Season

   The holiday season is fast approaching, with jingle bells, nativities, Thanksgiving turkeys, school programs, and red nosed reindeer. It is hard to believe that these days of carols and cheer are nearly upon us once again. I don’t have Thanksgiving preparation started let alone Christmas. But, that is about to change. Decorating is officially beginning.

   I love this time of year. I love the smell of the fresh cut Christmas trees outside of the grocery store. The sound of Christmas songs that we only listen to once a year. Holiday movies come on, and I can hear a Hallmark movie playing in the background. Soon, the house will have people in it sitting down to a meal of turkey, stuffing, and all sorts of wonderful other tasty things. I do look forward to the fuss and care each item receives, as it comes out bearing memories of holidays past.
   But, beyond all of this, I love this time of year when people seem a little bit nicer, a little readier to spread “good will towards all men”. I love the time with family, with friends, to stop and smell the Christmas cactus. Take a moment to light a candle, to remember those you love, and start celebrating now. Let’s go hang up the wreaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment